A deep dive into everything I’ve learned about freelancing over the last six years. Find out how I went from cold emailing pitches for unpaid writing jobs to bringing in work entirely based on referrals, and getting paid $$$ to do it.
Video and audio replay will be sent to all ticket holders within 24 hours of completion of the workshop.
The 90 minute session will cover:
- Getting started and setup (ABN, business registration, invoices, etc)
- Building a portfolio of your skills
- Finding your first client
- When to charge and how much to charge
- Navigating the currency of exposure
- Tax on freelance work
- Marketing yourself
- Briefing clients
- Contracts and agreements
- Finding your niche
- Scaling and raising your rates
- Following up unpaid invoices
… plus an opportunity for Q&A at the end.
Accessibility: all sessions are close captioned. If you require live Auslan interpretation, please send me an email at hello@thebrokegeneration and I will accomodate.
All attendees will also be invited to join a LinkedIn group of emerging freelancers after the workshop. This allows for Q&A for replay-watchers, and opportunities for me and others in the industry to share work opportunities when they arise.
Chosen date sold out? Join the waitlist to be notified of the next scheduled dates and enjoy 48h presale access.