In this episode of Broke Business, I talk through my journey from confused student to full time business owner. Starting right back in 2009, we go on a journey together of how the HECK we got to here, and the traps, pitfalls, wins, losses and lessons along the way.
- Not having a clue what I wanted to do in life
- Changing my uni course at the eleventh hour
- A brief stint in real estate (yes, really)
- Starting (and losing) side hustles
- The myth that part time work and part time business is ‘the dream’
- Managing mental health in business
- Taking the leap, and why it’s not always how it looked online
- Stepping things up a notch after a full year going it alone
Thanks to our Season Sponsor H&R Block.
As Australia’s leading tax experts, the team are here to help, offering on-going support for individuals and small businesses, and FREE BAS services for all newcomers. Get more, for sure, with H&R Block.
Visit hrblock.com.au to book an appointment.
Hosted by Financial Behaviour Expert, Emma Edwards, Broke Business will leave you feeling seen and heard when it comes to business and money, and give you practical and emotional advice on how to feel more financially confident in your business.
Find Emma on Instagram at @the.brokegeneration.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Sign up to The Glue: my weekly feel good finance newsletter www.thebrokegeneration.com/subscribe, where you’ll also nab access to my free Financial Values Workbook.
Disclaimer: Information contained in this podcast is general in nature and should not be considered financial advice, nor used to make a financial or investment decision. Please seek professional advice for information tailored to your own circumstances.